2019 Delaware IDeAs Symposium
Delaware’s vast biomedical community will be gathering on November 7, at the Delaware IDeAs Biomedical Research Symposium to celebrate our statewide biomedical research network and its impact on our institutions and the state and to build new partnerships and pathways to the future.
The goals of the 2019 Delaware IDeAs symposium are to showcase the dynamic nature and the broad span of Delaware’s biomedical research community and to foster networking and the establishment of interdisciplinary and inter-institutional partnerships across the state.
We would be delighted to have your participation in the venues and activities of this free event, to be held in UD’s Health Sciences Complex. There is a welcome session scheduled to begin at 4 pm November 7, 2019.
Symposium goals will be reached via:
- Scientific Poster Sessions
- New thematic research areas offered this year for the scientific poster sessions include: Cancer, Cardiovascular Health, Community Engaged Research, Data Science, Neuroscience, Precision Medicine, Pediatric Research, Rehabilitation Research, and SBIR/STTR. (Thematic poster sessions will be led by individual IDeA programs and by IDeA partner and affiliate institutions.)
- Research Resource Open House
- Informational booths will be hosted by core research facilities, IDeA programs, research centers and institutes, as well as academic, patient care, private and government institutions. Booths will provide overviews of the research expertise, core services and shared instrumentation available at each of the Delaware INBRE partner and affiliate Institutions and showcase the various biomedical research resources throughout Delaware.
- Breakout Sessions
- Breakout oral presentations will focus on advancing Delaware’s biomedical research enterprise and collaborations, and will be highlighted by special presentations by invited representatives from the NIH National Institutes of General Medical Sciences and Dr. Kara Hall on the “Science of Team Science”.